Phil + Erin Engaged

As I am gearing up for wedding season I am so happy to finally be getting some engagement sessions up on the blog. Phil + Erin are such a warm, funny and easy going couple, I had such a blast at our consult I felt like we had known each other for such a long time, and their engagement session was no different. Now I honestly can say the three of us were in full blown laughter 80% of the time, and then they were kissing the other 20% (my favourite kind of engagement session). I am so excited to photograph their July wedding at the beautiful and historic Lower Fort Garry. Side note, I love when couples do winter engagement sessions for summer weddings. I also love the location of this session; Whittier Park, not just for sentimental reasons (my husband and I got married at Fort Gibraltar), but because it is just incredibly stunning. The wooden fence around the fort is such a beautiful backdrop for any season, but I especially love the warm feel it has for winter shoots. Fun fact, the park was in full blown construction mode, so we stayed in a small corner of the park but there was such variety in the images you can’t even tell.